p4s133-vm help

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
tikbalang
New visitors - please read the rules.

i was trying to upgrade the processor and psu/casing of this mobo for a friend. i did a by-the-book disassembly of parts and moved everything to the new casing with the new processor. no boot, no beeps but the green led on the motherboard is on.

i moved everyting back to it's previous setup and still no go. i tested his pc parts on my pc and they work fine. i cleared the bios, even removed the cmos batt. no go. the capacitors does not have signs of leaking or popping.

this has me stumped. i was told the led means the mobo is ok. in fact it was running fine before we started the upgrade. the manual does not have enough info on troubleshooting.

what have i missed?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

with the new processor.
you made absolutely sure this was compatible with this board? You made absolutely sure you fitted it properly?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
tikbalang
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:
with the new processor.
you made absolutely sure this was compatible with this board? You made absolutely sure you fitted it properly?
the new cpu (1.8ghz northwood) and mobo (p4s133-vm) came as a matched pair and was working together previously. the older p4 1.6 willamette won't work on the new mobo.

now, even when i returned the older pc to its original setup, it won't work.