Powers on to Blank screen w/ no bios

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
jlybrand88
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello, I just got everything in my case. New parts. I got the Asus M4A78LT-M motherboard and AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 955 am3 cpu. I got everything together and booted it one time, it started just fine. I went into bios to change device to usb thumb drive, bc it has my OS on it. I read that the mboard comes only working with 3 cores. I saw the setting under advanced-cpu and changed to all cores, while i was in the process of changing boot priority. Rebooted to a blank screen and unable to get in bios.
I tried clearing the CMOS data by turning off, unplugging, and moving the clrtc jumper. Also did the same and removing the battery. And then the ram. Then I tried unplugging all components(cd and br rom) & hd. To no avail. I also tried (with cdrom only as master) putting in the motherboard dvd to see if it would auto fix. Didn't work. I even d/l'ed the initial bios file from Asus and put on USB drive put in and turned on still didnt work.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If only 3 cores were working, something is wrong with the 4th core, the board will shut it down to prevent you from using it. Now it is set to use all cores, you cannot use this CPU to reset that. Try a different CPU so reset the bios to autodetect bad cores and try again. If it still is not working with that 955, the CPU is broken, you should get another one.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78LTM

Note, you did connect the 4pin connector near the CPU socket, right?
You are using memory from the Qualified Vendor List (QVL)?
You are using a decent power supply?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...