Problem, seeking help! Probably BIOS failure

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
BF!
New visitors - please read the rules.

Recently I've had a lot of problems with my system. It locked up every once and a while, I just got a black screen and the system halted. There was no way to reboot. Switching the power off didn't help, it just didn't boot anymore. The only thing I could do was resetting the mainboard. It worked for a while, but within an hour the same thing happened again. I decided to reinstall Windows and updated my BIOS. Now I have another problem. The system works great, but has problems when I reboot. Windows loads, I still can do some things but when I e.g. play a video, the system just halts. I reset the mainboard again, boot up the system and it works great again, even with playing videos. I reboot the system, windows loads and I get the same problem again. It seems like I have to reset the mainboard every time before booting up my computer.

Can it be there are problems with my BIOS? Any help is appreciated, I can't figure this one out myself! Thanks in advance!

btw, I have a MSI K7T Pro 2-a mainboard with a 900mhz Athlon.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Check memory and CPU (CPU cooling).
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
BF!

Thanks for your advice. I ran MemTest 86 and found several errors. I removed 1 memory block and ran the test again. No errors found. So I booted up the machine with the 256mb left and it's working great now, ever after several times of rebooting!

Thanks again for your help!
BF!

Now I have the same old problem again; the system halts and I get a black screen... What could be the deal with this?

EDIT: Don't waste your time on this one anymore; it's a problem which happens to 40% of k7t pro 2-a owners. I'll be returning the mainboard 'cause it will die soon anyway (according to other users)

But again, thanks for the help. At least I found out one memory module didn't work properly :)