Proper instillation procedure needed for new BIOS ROM chip.

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Super-Slasher
BIOS Newbie

Hello. I am currently sending out my ROM chip to be reprogrammed after a bad flash, and I am wondering on the proper way to reinstall the chip once I get it back. My motherboard is a PcChips M560 v3.1.

For instace, would I need to clear the CMOS with jumpers? Do I just push the chip in and "let's go!"? Do I need to remove the RTC?

Thanks in advance.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Make sure the BIOS chip is the right way round before applying power. Don't worry about the RTC chip. Hmmmm, M560 - that has the VIA/Houston Tech/Dallas RTC with built-in battery. In that case I don't remember if the "CMOS clear" jumper has any effect. If the BIOS will boot all you can do is set defaults, I think.
Super-Slasher
BIOS Newbie

NickS wrote:Make sure the BIOS chip is the right way round before applying power. Don't worry about the RTC chip. Hmmmm, M560 - that has the VIA/Houston Tech/Dallas RTC with built-in battery. In that case I don't remember if the "CMOS clear" jumper has any effect. If the BIOS will boot all you can do is set defaults, I think.
It has an Odin RTC. The mobo also has solder points which correspond to where the CMOS jumpers would be, according to the mobo manual. I tried jumping them once before, but my mistake I jumped the pins 1 to 3 instead of 2 to 3, but I don't think I caused any damage.