Replaced CMOS Battery - CD/DVD Burner not Recognized

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Splitster
New visitors - please read the rules.

XP Pro_SP3

BIOS Type and Version: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

I had one of those "OH MY GOD" moments when I realized my oldest desktop had the original
factory installed CMOS battery (CR2032) on the mobo. Before replacing the battery, I was able to
print out the CMOS settings so they could be quickly restored.

During bootup, I see my Pioneer CD/DVD Burner clearly listed on the monitor. If I had not restored
the CMOS settings correctly, the Pioneer Burner would be absent from the bootup listings. I've
checked the CMOS settings several times, but XP no longer recognizes this hardware in Explorer,
My Computer, or Device Manager.

My CD/DVD Burner is listed in the CMOS under "Advanced BIOS Features."

"Hard Disk Boot Prority" shows the disk where your operating system is installed. Usually, there is
no reason to change these settings.

"Pioneer DVD-RW" can be selected under "First, Second, and Third Boot Device."

It doesn't seem to matter how I list my Pioneer Burner in the boot order. Nothing works! XP Pro no
longer recognizes this device.

I found a couple of Microsoft KB articles about XP failing to recognize your burner. I tried the simple
Registry edits recommended in the articles. Didn't work. I also have an applet authored by Doug
Knox called "XP_CD-DVD-Fix.exe." The idea is to restore your CD/DVD drive(s) to Explorer. No luck.

Obviously, I need help. Is this problem in the operating system or the CMOS settings? Tell me what
to change in the CMOS or XP Pro and I'll try it immediately.

Thanks guys.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Classes\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

delete the
UpperFilters
LowerFilters

entries in there, check and repeat for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Control\Classes\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Control\Classes\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

reboot system
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...