I'm stumped!!!!

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Kpin
New visitors - please read the rules.

My bro in law just gave me an older P2 that doesn't seem to function. After trying to troubleshoot it, discovered it recognizes the HD but gives the error..."no operating sys found" After some more checking...in the bios, realized the boot section will only access the 3.5 and cd drives...will not even call the command to access the hd...instead calls to the floppy twice. I'm stumped...Any help would be appreciated. Am I facing a hd prob, a bios prob, or possibly a motherboard or bad chip prob? Hope I'm posting in the right forum, if not my sincere appologies.

Txs in advance!
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Is the HDD recognized with name and full capacity ?
Is the HDD partitioned and formatted ?

Set all manual entered HDD parameters to Auto - maybe a HDD is entered with wrong parameters
Kpin
New visitors - please read the rules.

Txs for your reply Denniss...all parameters are correct, verified that first, correct cyl, sectors, etc. The bios had it already set to Auto. What I can't understand is why the boot section is calling the floppy twice. It calls the floppy then the cd then the floppy again. The hd is partitioned, formatted and was functioning properly previously. Any help would be appreciated.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Check if it is set as bootable device.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...