usb ports not working, bios is enabled,but nothing works.

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
stingray812
New visitors - please read the rules.

windows 98 ,upgrade from 95 os,IWILL motherboard(xa100),amdk6/2 chip,64mb ram i have checked the bios and usb is enabled,device manager shows both usb propertys and shows functioning correctly. i am trying to install a webcam,IBM pc webcam,and a microsoft sidewinder joystick, both load drivers ok and when i connect device to use them it says that they are not connected,i know that the devices work because they work on my other computer.Please HELP ME!! :? :?:
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Try installing the latest motherboard drivers from www.ali.com.tw
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I think USB support started off as dodgy, starting in later versions of Windows 95, and then improving with each sucessive version of Windows. I think Windows 2000 was pretty good, and probably XP added the support for Hi Speed (USB 2.0) support. I first used USB under Windows 98 with one device, and that worked fine.

Even if the USB ports are reported to be working correctly, I personally would not trust an upgraded O/S to have not corrupted the support for these devices somehow when I do not even trust O/S upgrades as opposed to clean installs in the first place.

Try one device at a time to start off with. If you know that a particular device is USB rev 1.1, know that it works OK under Windows 98 and know that it works on a similar spec machine, then that is probably the best device to experiment with.