What is wrong?

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
djwhite
BIOS Rookie

I have new PC configuration:OS Win 98,M/B Gigabyte 8IE,Celeron 1.7GB,256DDRKingstone,30GB Maxtor,Teac 52x,PixelView GeForce 2 mx 400 32MB.Prolink modem 56k int. but I have some problems(probable of software nature_windows or Bios).I have set Bios on standard way (as allways do and never had these kind of problem).First I woud like to ask is there some special about this M/B and about bios for it. These are my indications. First my OS 98 ask driver for onboard device "PCI Management BUS" and there is no driver for that hardware on CD I get with my M/B.and it stays as Other device? in system_device manager.What I need for "PCI Management BUS" and if I don't need it can I disable it in bios.Second (and I don't know is that in conection with first problem) I can't play Warcraft III ( I didn't noticed that before but my sister try to insall and play but she instaled it but when the begginig intro ends the screen is black and You must restart system(hardware way).But when I install Warcraft III on my oldtimer machine (PII 350MHz,MSI 6151,HDD 6.4GB,Asus V7100 GeForce2 mx400) it works!!! slow but works (no black screen).Is that bios problem or OS problem or hardware problem (GPU). I installed directx 8.1 on PC's. Is there some special bios settings for Gigabyte 8ie M/B. Need advice fast.Thanks
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Loaded Setup Defaults or Optimal Settings in Bios ?
Installed the Intel INF-driver - needed for Win98 to recognize the mainboard chipset > Should be on the Motherboard CD or get it from http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/
Do you have good cooling ? > The Celeron gets pretty HOT .
And please don't expect too much performance as your CPU is hampered by only 128KB L2-cache in comparison to P4-Northwood but it's ways faster than your old one .
djwhite
BIOS Rookie

I allredy did it all You said but the problem remain. I thought the reason is Celeron 1.7 (and I now it's only 128Kb L2-kes) but it's inpossible that cant run the game at all.I don't know about proper engine (quake,unreal) but maybe is bios settings.There is some option in it about high performance and is by default not on high performance.What about Latency time it is 2.5.Should I try to set it as 2.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Like Denniss says, your OS isn't installed properly...get the INF update, and leave the BIOS settings alone.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.