Search found 7 matches

by Gonzalo
Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:28 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: dead motherboard
Replies: 15
Views: 8053

All's well that ends well

Dear Everybody, I got it :-) I found an electronics workshop and for just 6 euros (about six bucks) got me motherboard in working order again. I made them apply the rom suggested by rainbow and not I have computer up and running again. Besides it recognizes the full 80Gb. I had to use another chip t...
by Gonzalo
Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:01 pm

What I did

Dear Group, After I read the messages I saw that I made again a mistake. I got for a few days my brothers computer that happened to have a 440lx chipset , what I did was to remove the bios chip from that system and try to boot my old system (the one with the 440bx) with it, it did not work as wisely...
by Gonzalo
Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:08 pm

Hot flashing woes

Dear Group, I have tried unsuccessfully to hot swap the flash bios. I guess the problem is the bios chip I got is from another motherboard and in this motherboard the chipset version is different. In the first system, the one non-working the chipset was 440bx and in the new one was 440LX, when I tri...
by Gonzalo
Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:39 pm

I'll try the hot-swapping

Dear Rainbow,
Thank you very much for the advice. I will try to hot-swapping the bios chip. I have checked the procedure in the FAQ and hope that if I get a similiar system I coud success.
Thanks.
by Gonzalo
Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:40 pm

I think I did all wrong

Hello Rainwob,
As a matter of fact the program said that the file size didnt match the rom size, so I guess I ruined my chances of making it work.
by Gonzalo
Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:52 pm

dead motherboard

Dear Everybody, I ruined my computer. I wonder if there's something I can do to solve it. This is what I did. I had a 80gb hd I wanted to install, then I found out I had an award 4.51pg bios that needed upgrading. The string at the bottom of the screen said, i440BX-W977TF-ATC-6220C-00 I did search t...