Search found 8 matches

by gpontis
Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:48 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Extracting microcode from this Award BIOS possible ?
Replies: 8
Views: 7312

An MSI 694T Pro, with AMI BIOS. I ordered a DFI board with Award BIOS that also supports the older C3 but not the Nehemiah core. It's interesting that Via sells these CPUs in socket 370 format, but I don't know of any socket 370 motherboard that supports them. Via's own EPIA-M series motherboards us...
by gpontis
Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:32 pm

Maybe I was going about it the wrong way when I tried to find microcode. The motherboards and BIOS that I am working with already have support for an earlier Via C3 processor. But they don't recognize the new core, and the CPU is not properly initialized. The CPU with the new core runs but performan...
by gpontis
Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:04 am

Appears to (not) work in the same way. On Tmod's forum, it was posted that I can't extract it becuase the information is not stored as a cpucode module. What about reading it from the copy in the CMOS - can anyone give me a pointer to doing that ?
by gpontis
Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:59 pm

Extracting microcode from this Award BIOS possible ?

I'm having a hard time extracting the microcode from this board with Award BIOS, using CBROM215. Here's what I try, and when I get done there isn't any file named cpucode.exe. [C:\BIOS]CBROM215.EXE i010010f.bin /d CBROM V2.15 (C)Award Software 2001 All Rights Reserved. ******** i010010f.bin BIOS com...
by gpontis
Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:43 pm
Topic: Update support for newer Via C3 possible ?
Replies: 4
Views: 3977

I added RAID support to this BIOS using conventional utilities, is there something special about the CPU support ? What about an aftermarket BIOS ?
by gpontis
Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:45 am

Yes, that's the one. It's the new rev 5.0 revision.
by gpontis
Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:50 am

Update support for newer Via C3 possible ?

I would like to (successfully) install a 1GHz Via C3 - Nehemiah core - in an MSI 6309, aka 694T ver. 5.0. This motherboard already supports the older C3 chip, but when I put this one in, it runs very slowly maybe less than 10% of the expected speed. At POST, the message says: Via (unknown) 1GHz The ...