Search found 7 matches

by gradhakr
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:20 am
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: Need BIOS upgrade -
Replies: 13
Views: 7844

I am sorry what I meant by copy was - I did execute the file (.exe) which I downloaded from bootdisk.com & then the boot image was extracted to the floppy. I disconnected all hard drives (signal & power cables) & set the boot sequence to A, CDROM, C in BIOS. Then I inserted the boot floppy disk into...
by gradhakr
Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 am

I disconnected the signal & power cables to the hard drive, set the boot sequence to A, C, SCSI, inserted the boot disk into the A:\ drive & started the machine. I see that the A:\ drive is being read (green light) but after a few seconds I get the error message - DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DI...
by gradhakr
Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:12 am

Yes I set boot sequence in bios to A-C-SCSI. I didn't see an option for 'enabling fdd controller in the bios'. The computer does seem to access the floppy drive as I can see a green light for a brief time. The light goes away after a couple of seconds & then immediately I get the error message - DIS...
by gradhakr
Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:20 pm

Thanks guys. I made some progress but haven't got my machine to work yet. This is what I have tried since yesterday *) Was able to download the GA-6BXE Bios updates from Gigabyte. *) Created a boot disk. On my XP laptop -> My Computer -> A:Drive -> Right click & format -> Checked boxes for create a ...
by gradhakr
Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:18 am

Yes Denniss, its a GA-6BXE. I opened up the box & peeled the Award sticker from the top of the BIOS chip. Underneath I see a white label which reads - 6BXE. I am now going to visit gigabyte's website to see if they have a BIOS upgrade. Do you know of any other source from where I can obtain the newe...
by gradhakr
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Need BIOS upgrade -

Hello, I have a pentium II 400Mhz pc running Linux (Toshiba M500). Recently I purchased a maxtor 100gb harddrive & installed the same on the machine. However, when I boot up the machine the new drive is not recognized by the BIOS & I get a message 'Press F4 to Skip....' & the machine just hangs. BIO...