40GB HDD with Bios Insyde MobilePro V 25.02.05 (0328)

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Terra
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,
my Notebook is an Lion Iterno Typ 200 (205) alias IPC Topnote F205 alias Movita 205 and doesn't support my new hdd Fujitsu MHT2040AT (40GB).

With an Adapter the harddisc run's fine on my Computer, but in the Notebook i get the error "Harddisc error".

When i boot the Linux Install CD on my notebook i can work and install on the hdd, but after an reboot there is no chance to boot from the harddisc.

I have updated to the newest Version i found (Insyde MobilePro Version 25.02.05 - 0328) from IPC Topnote F205.

The Company Motiva, Service and Website is closed.

On the Lion Webpages is the same Version (i have also tested) 0328.

I hope, that anyone here can help me.

best regards

Terra
DeeJayS

Hello

I have got a very similar problem. I am trying to upgrade a SHARP Actius PC-FS2518 with a 60GB hard disk, but I get a 'hard disk boot sector invalid' error when the disk is installed in the notebook.

It doesn't matter if I install Linux with GRUB or WinXP, the same thing happens. But if I put the disk into a USB drive it appears to be fine. The program TestDisk reports that both the boot sector and backup are OK and it can find no errors. But when I put the disk back into the notebook TestDisk finds an error 'bad ending sector' or something to that effect. When I go to Advanced > Boot nothing happens as if TestDisk can't read the boot sector.

I would like to upgrade my Insyde ACPI BIOS Version 3.00.04 to try if that would fix the problem.

Terra, could you please let me/us know where exactly you downloaded the BIOS updates you talked about.

Cheers, DeeJayS
Terra

Dear DeeJays,
i've downloaded from the archtec support site.
http://www.archtec-service.de/files/treiber.html

Now i buy a new hdd with 30GB and it runs fine. But the 40GB hdd i couldn't find a way to get it running.

greets, Terra