40GB: 01/08/98-i440LX-W977-ATC-6130C-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

INERMIS

Be Careful - You have tried 6130 and 6130E. These could be two different BIOS images intended for two different boards. If you were sucessful in flashing, one may work properly and the other could render your board unusable.

DENNISS

Are you sure the patched ATC-6130 V1.0 BIOS is the correct image for INERMIS'S board? I have not looked at what image results when the board identity (as per INERMIS'S supplied information) is found. But I did note that in 2. for the 6130 BIOS that he gets the message that the part number does not match - so my only concern is that if this information is correct the 6130 BIOS could possibly be the incorrect match for the board. If you concurr on this maybe INERMIS should check that the identity information he has supplied for the board is complete and correct.

The only other thing worth mentioning is that - Will the manufacturer BIOSs definitely not offer support for the 40GB drives that Inermis wants to install?
Inermis
New visitors - please read the rules.

Denniss, that two bioses what i used was from this site :)

Ritchie, when flashing Atrend ATC-6130 v1.0 , with awdflash it was missmatch... but now i downloaded uniflash, like Denniss said, and everything went good :) bios is flashed.

unfortunatelly, i dont have time to check disk, but i will write as soon as i plug in it.

ohh.. i was trying 6130E becouse of its BIOS ID 'i440EX-W977-ATC-6130C-00 ' was exacly like mine.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

You have to compare the complete ID-string to be sure it's the correct Bios !
As you may have noticed the 6130E has i440EX chipset and 6130 i440LX - a small but important difference.

@Ritchie: Please compare the original ID with the later 6130 Bios and you'll notice the last two letters have changed and that's why awdflash complains about mismatch. You'll find this problem on many Abit mainboards if you don't use the supplied flasher.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

DENNISS - Thanks for your explanation. I can see how the EB at the end of the BIOS string would confuse AWDFLASH. Also the chipset, LX and EX - I agree this is an important difference.

INERMIS - Although you have now flashed the correct BIOS for your board, if you used the BIOS from the board manufacturer you may still be without the hard disk support you are after. This is what the patched BIOS that DENNISS referred you to is designed to correct. If you used the board manufacturer BIOS and still cannot properly recognise your 40GB hard disk, you may still need to reflash, using UniFlash, the patched BIOS that DENNISS referred you to, to get that support for you hard disk.
Inermis
New visitors - please read the rules.

hmm.. but it is almost impossible to find bios to that motherboard with identyically ID string :/
but DENNIS you have right, i didnt notice ealryier ther difrence in chipsets. allthouth '07/22/1999-i440LX-W977TF-ATC-6130C-EB' have also difrences. im lost, when do these difrences are important and when not, so i could try to flash silimar bios?

HDD is recognised.
thx guys for help!
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The main part of the Bios-ID is idential to your Bios as well as the upper Bios message. Sometimes some manufacturers use the last two digits of the Bios-ID to sho a new Bios revision - Abit does this and sometimes Atrend,too.

I told you what's the correct Bios for your board. Please use Uniflash to update your Bios to the patched version.
KURIAKI

Denniss wrote:Abit does this and sometimes Atrend,too.
Yes, they did.
All the BIOS after 1998 has two letters instead 00
More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI