8.4GB on MS-5117 VER:2

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

The powered connection to the board seems to be ok... this is the electronic engineer's bug... ah, ah...

Ok, I'll be serious: do you think, at this point, that it's the case of buying a new CMOS chip or changing all (motherboard and processor)?

I have no new idea for trying something on this motherboard.

Thank's a lot... wow, my position is changed to BIOS Newbie!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I know this sounds crazy. Try another keyboard. Sometimes a faulty keyboard can cause stuff like this...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Ok guys, I tryed a new keyboard and also the jumper setting on the board that set the ground signal of the keyboard on the cabinet ground or the PCB's ground.. nothing changes.

I've an intuition:
Could be the problem of the date? Is there a patch for this?
When I clear the CMOS, the date is set to 1995, then when I start Win98SE, I set the date and time on today. Then all ok until I restart the pc: the BIOS at this point lost all settings (except the right date 2006).
This lost of settings isn't everytimes that I setting the date on today, sometimes I restart and all the settings are kept.

P.S.: I replaced the CMOS battery with a new one with more capacity: 70mAh instead of 60mAh
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Hi guys,

this is the end of this story!

I changed the mainboard, and I broke the old mobo from the desperation, then I opened the window and I launched thousands of broken part like confetti of carnival!

Thanks a lot to all for this story...

Yaye