80GB: ????

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
xsoldier
New visitors - please read the rules.

Umm...
That link is too confusing which BIOS thing do I download from that site to FLASH my BIOS?

(Award Moduluar BIOS v4.51PG)

I was trying to install a 80GB hard drive, and my board will not read it. I know for a fact, I need to FLASH my BIOS. Please help me.
Like I said, I tried that site LINK, but it whaich file do I download for a (Award Moduluar BIOS v4.51PG) Board?

~ X
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

What you download depends on your mainboard.

You really should be starting a new topic for your problem.

When you do, post the information you can find on your BIOS screen, which should contain information similar to the ID String and OEM Sign On which ben69 started with in his first post. Also if you find a manufacturer name and model number printed on the mainboard when you open up the computer case you should also post that information.

This will help yourself and Wim's identify your mainboard, determine if an update is available and where it can be found, and if a manufacturer provided BIOS update will provide you with the support required to correctly recognise your hard disk, or whether a Wim's BIOS patch needs to be used or created, or whether it is not possible to add the required hard disk support to your system (worst case scenario).

It all depends on what mainboard you have. Until that is determined, it is not possible to determine which update is required. Unless exactly the right update is applied, your board may be rendered unusable.

Afterthought: If you are trying to determine which flash utility to use and already know which BIOS update to use for your board, that is a different issue. I assumed in the above that you are not sure which update you require.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please read :
http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1255

And post the information required !