bios mp071b

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Maybe the CDROM is faulty.
Maybe the power supply unit is faulty

I will try to make the patch bios work, it is also adding support for other things.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

I read online, that the larger size of the hard drive, but the computer becomes slow when turned on and off. Well, it becomes a bit slower in those two things I do not care. While not blocked.

I ordered on ebay a micro mmx 200 mhz used, 2 ide cable 40 new threads, a reader new samsung 52x 1 new floppy drive and a new floppy drive cable.

Change the cd-rom and find out if that's why it locks. Maybe with Micro 200 mhz, display data before the chart card. And when you restart your computer the same.

I've also read online that you can set the hd in the bios, as if it had 4 gb, and that makes the computer go faster. The operating system will recognize it and like 20 gb. Do not know if it true. Do you reviewer?

In'll see if it all works best.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What operating system is in use?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

Windows 98 installs the cd-rom.

Some cds I read them well, such as the original cd games that are not scratched anything.

Cd with some data has given me problems with reading it.

On other computers these cds have not given me any problems. As you say it may be the power supply, to make it work a little bad reader. Anyway this reader gave it to my brother years ago because a friend of his bought another faster. No if it worked a little bad.

This may a bit of calibration, lens dust or work a little bad parts inside.

I have no device to test the power supply, I will look to see if any programs shows me the voltages and information. The source is AT.

I've tried installing windows with:

1 - so installing it does not give me any error in Device Manager system. Advanced Power Management
power management: user defined.
apm: yes
doze mode: disable.
stanby mode: disable
suspend mode: disable
hdd power down: disable

2 - installing it so I get a balloon device manager system.
In Advanced Power Management
magagement power: disable.
apm: No
TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

Yesterday I went back to install the old bios.

And go back to the computer as before.

Do not delay when you restart the computer, after leaving the screen windows is rebooting. Nor delay when displaying the initial screen when turned on.

Today 133mhz microprocessor smite out, and again you will put thermal paste. Since the last time I overdid it and got him a lot. Maybe this will make it too unstable. I'll put less.

In receiving the things I've asked, proves the new cd-rom with new cables.

Maybe longer works well. Maybe if the power supply does not work very well end up ruining the cd-rom with time.

The 20.4 gb hard drive makes less noise when I use it as if it was 8500 mb. When I've used the beta bios to more noise. In a pentium 3 with 20.4 gb using it also makes noise with a new power supply, will not be in very good condition this HD. The 40 gb pentium 3 does not make any noise.

This is like trying to revive a seat 600. Hehe

Lots of patience, is the soul of science. :)

Today cleanse the ram connectors with alcohol. And I will put oil fan power supply.
TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

Well, finally we've removed the thermal paste to the microprocessor heat sink. I cleaned the pins on the microprocessor with alcohol. And I left without thermal paste, as these chips in their day were sold without thermal paste.

I have also put lubricant fan power supply, brand 3 in 1. Besides leaving everything clean fan. Since wipe and power supply, but with great care.

Noto is going much better team now makes much less power supply noise, and shows much less heat.

I guess the microprocessor is also performing better because of the stupidity I put thermal paste, did not sit well.

For example when I shut down the computer, it becomes very fast, before it did not.

By the way, what the cd-rom, I've been trying to install other games, and grabs me most, but if you are a little scratching and gives problems, maybe have a dirty lens.

Today I remembered that the power supply is little use in their day. Since the switched power supply. Little use for that.

Will comment more.
TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

The cd-rom worked pretty bad. With the new cd-rom I have no problems with any cd. With the former, the few games I installed, but when I was playing with them, I used to fail the reader and came out blue screen.

Now fix computer crashes. It was the sound card a sound blaster 16 pnp isa ide. Active 15 16 memory hole in bios and the computer no longer hangs ever. I removed the delay in i / o recovery time 8 bits and 16 bits, leaving it in NA.
With this I get the videos are not slow as it slowed down because of the sound.

I went back to put the microprocessor thermal paste, but this time two lentils.

I will upload to dropbox and bios settings will put the link, if someone later has the same problem.

Still not received the microprocessor 200mhz mmx, maybe having the new microprocessor test the beta bios.

Lei the memory hole there 15 16 I also have it activated sound blaster 16 pci, pci to 128 pci 64. Does anyone know about it? What for all operating systems?

If someone wants to say something about the bios settings, to make it more optimal, is welcome. I like perfection.

A greeting from Spain,
TheAdict
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Thank you very much for the scanned manual inside there, this one was sort of missing on the internet.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

Yesterday after formatting a floppy disk, I went to turn off the computer and turned to lock this in windows is restarting. After installing several games, toys and various games and did not give any problem.

Yesterday activate the system bios cacheable. Today reformat the computer and reinstall the software proves again. I'll change the order of the pci and isa peripherals. And take away the network card and Voodoo1 team. The'll post later.

Conclusion of every 20 times I turn it off crashes 1.
The pc is crazy. lol
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Check the motherboard and power supply for problems with the capacitors. See this website:
http://www.badcaps.net
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

TheAdict
BIOS Rookie

Hi there,

I think it goes well, I've changed the microprocessor voltage from 3.41 to 3.52. Maybe he was getting a little loose if the power supply is a bit worn.

Thanks for the input, I keep the web to look.