Bios patch needed

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

I have a i430hx chipset motherboard The bios id string is 2A59FS50C-00
The motherboard is not recognising harddisks higherthan 20gb I need help
to upgrade harddisk to 80gb Please help
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please post your full Bios-ID and not only parts of it.

S5 in your Bios-ID points to Holco. Holco was either taken over by Shuttle/Spacewalker or was renamed into Shuttle/Spacewalker. Your board may be a Shuttle HOT-553 with a very early Bios.

http://eu.shuttle.com/archive/de/553.htm#hot_553

Please have a look at your board, it may be marked with HOT-553 somewhere eon your board.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuttle_Inc.
Company changed name from Holco to Shuttle in 1997 so it's really a good chance of being a HOT-553.
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

It is not HOT 553 It is Siemens AG Erlagen 570870703313 V3.05
In display screen bottom line is as follows
i430HX-NS332-2A59FS50C-00
cp
BIOS Guru

check the mainboard. there should be a product number starting with D followed by three or four digits. i guess it's an old Scenic Pro x5..

oh, and btw. i doubt that there's a bios that supports such large HDDs. so if you're using something else than Linux (Windows 2k/XP wouldn't be such a good idea on a socket 7 mainboard) you should get a smaller HDD. or just waste the extra space.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

I want bios to support larger harddisk because lesser capacity harddisk not available in the market
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

I have the original bios But anybody can patch that
cp
BIOS Guru

you _could_ patch anything. the problem on the SNI bioses is: they are custom made phoenix bioses. so none of the standard patches applies. it would be a totally custom patch and to be honest: i wouldn't (want to) do it.

so, if you're going to use an old old old OS that relies on what the bios says there are - like i already wrote - two (2) options:

- waste the extra space on the shiny new drive
- get a smaller used drive

or if you want to use the full capacity of the drive with your current mainboard: use Linux.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Do you only have the board or do you still have the original computer it was installed in ?
Was it in a desktop PC, Server, industrial board ? Please give as much details as you have, if it's from a Siemens or Fujitsu-Siemens system then they might at least have some information.

Also try this link:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/ ... index.html

Please send me the Bios to my mail adress visible via my profile.
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

Sent the bios file via my personal email
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

Waiting for Your confirmation
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Bios received, I'll try to patch it later today. As it's from 11/98 patching might work.

Do you still not know where the board originally came from ? Siemens, Siemens-Nixdorf and Fujitsu-Siemens usually have a good support hosting lots of old files, they may even have updates for your old board.
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

It is from Siemens I searched Siemens web site but I could not fing any support for this perticular board
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

I will be grateful if you can able to patch it for me
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Bios patched and sent. Please report back your finding and remember you use it at your own risk.

To find info or support from Siemens you need to know where it was originally attached. Server, notebook or desktop computers usually have a model series and a model number number and should be all listed at the link given above. I don't know if they list all computer/boards or if they only have the computer division of Siemens, Siemens-Nixdorf and Fujitsu-Siemens.
NAGABUSHAN
BIOS Newbie

Thank you very much I will use the bios and let you know