BIOS update for 80gb HDD - old PIII MB

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
benb
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

Currently trying to update the bios on a friends pc and cannot seem to find the right bios update that matches the bios code - ive found forum entries here for seemingly the right motherboard, but i have no idea who the PC is built by?

Motherboard is Microstar International MS6119 v1.2 BX2 from reading the board, AMIBios with code on startup at top of screen reading A6119P2 v1.83 07/08/99

Bios code at bottom of screen is 61-0708-001169-00111111-071595-440BX-1440B000-H

AMIBios Chip on motherboard reads AmiBios 1999 AF80 8269?

I've visited msi bios downloads and they only have 3 updates for the 6119 (AmiBios) and none of them identify the update to include HDD support (there is one there for AwardBios specifically stating HDD support), so im hesitant to download and flash with those?

Is there anything else i can supply to help with this search? Many many thanks in advance guys...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

OEM-version of MS-6119 for Packard Bell called Tacoma. Support/Bios should come from Packard Bell.
Experience shows us standard Retail Award Bios should work on this board but you have to pick the correct one as MSI has one version with jumper configuration and another with CPU-setup per Bios menu.

AFAIK Rev 1.2 is CPU PnP per Bios menu. You may need Uniflash to crossflash your Bios from AMI to Award.

Latest Packbell Bios should be 1.90
http://support.packardbell.com/de/item/ ... _legacy_PB
benb
New visitors - please read the rules.

Just run the link as suggested - created the disk, run it on the pc - restart had 'cmos checksum bad', went into setup and simply saved and closed, restarted and machine - kicked straight into windows. Had to jiggle settings in 'disk management' for it to import a foreign disk (disk was already formatted as a new volume) and its working like an absolute dream. (well, as well as any PIII does in 2006 ;-))

Thought id drop my experiences back on in case anyone gets same..

Many many many thanks for the amazingly quick reply and incredibly accurate advice.