bios update help please!!!

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
agronk
New visitors - please read the rules.

My mobo is QDI P6I 440bx brilianx-1s/2k
Award modular bios v4.51pg
In QDI web page I can find bios file only for brilianx-1s/2000 maybe they are the same but I don`t know.
I download this file b1s2v13.bin and awdflash make boot disk
I load defaults on bios
I tryed everything that I read on different web pages
but can not update bios. I need update for large HDD support
when I flash ex. awdflash b1s2v13.bin/py/sn/cc/cd/cp
I tryed to many times with erlier bios files and different comand but
awdflash tell`s there is error whith bios file
please help me
Thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

can you please post the BIOS ID shown on the bottom of the startup screen?

did you download a somewhat recent version of awdflash? you can try uniflash instead. you can try awdflash without switches, too. just append the filename. and if you still want to use awdflash: please post the exact error message.

which OS are you going to use? if you're going to use Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Linux you don't need a BIOS update. just set the clip jumper on the HDD and install the OS within the BIOS-known space. the rest of the HDD can be accessed once the OS is loaded because those modern OS ignore the hdd settings of the BIOS anyway.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
agronk
New visitors - please read the rules.

I did it Somehow I flashed bios with newest version but still wont detect my 80Gb hard drive I tryed to many opcions lie master or slave just that hdd
but bios wont detect
thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

which OS are you going to use? if you're going to use Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Linux you don't need a BIOS update. just set the clip jumper on the HDD and install the OS within the BIOS-known space. the rest of the HDD can be accessed once the OS is loaded because those modern OS ignore the hdd settings of the BIOS anyway.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.