MSI KM4M-V and SATA

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
hnmurugan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi to All,

First of all, Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. My issue only be able to match in this section so i post it here and also i would like to declare that i am not a progammer and i am just a PC hardware enthusiast. Here is the issue.

Please refer to the two different motherboards listed below.
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Pr ... 0AM-RZ.htm
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/d ... 610&kind=1

Both the MBDS are VIA VT8237 chipset. With a sata harddisk connect to the motherboards, i am able to get my sata harddisk detected (Similar to native support for SATA) in BIOS as IDE harddissk by setting the RAID mode to IDE(Integrated pheripherals page in BIOS) in the giga-byte motherboard. Where as MSI motherboard don have such an option. Could anybody can advise is it possible to modify the bios in MSI motherboard to achieve same as GIGA-BYTE motherboard.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time as well.

Kind Regards/Hari
soupy
Absentee administrator

If I understand you correctly, you want your MSI KM4M-V to natively support SATA RAID?

Judging from the downloads available at the link you provided, I'd guess that SATA RAID on this board is a software-only solution.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
hnmurugan

Hi,

Sorry i misguided u. The main problem is for the Gigabyte MB i no need to press f6 during windows steup, so i can do a unattended winxp setup without any issues. Where as MSI mb no way i can use unattended setup. and i realize i can set the hard disk as non raid(IDE) mode.

Is that clear now?.. Thanks for your time.

Rgds
hnmurugan

Hi,

Sorry if i misguide u. The main problem in the Gigabyte MB is, no need to press f6 during windows steup, so i can do a unattended winxp setup without any issues. Where as MSI mb no way i can use unattended setup. and i realize i can't*****AMENDED set the hard disk as non raid(IDE) mode.

Is that clear now?.. Thanks for your time.