Need help updating bios on my ol Shuttle HOT661

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
nrd
New visitors - please read the rules.

Gonna try to install win2k instead, I'll post my results
nrd

Yea, still no luck with win2k :? Is there anyway to get a bios that allows a larger HD and still lets you install a new os? I would be very very very grateful if someone could write me a patch, or direct me in the right direction. Thanks
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Are you sure that the BIOS http://wims.rainbow-software.org/index. ... 36&count=1 installed successfully? Did you set TYPE and MODE to Auto?
Shuttle HOT-661 v1.1, 2.0 6610S074 BIOS with fixes for the 32GB and 64GB limit bugs.

This patched BIOS supports IDE drives upto 128GB, provided the harddisks TYPE and MODE are set on Auto for drives larger than 64GB.

(Note: Due to another bug the BIOS SETUP hangs when manually inserting HD parameters above 65535MB or when using the IDE HDD Auto Detection function of the BIOS on drives larger than 64GB. Just set the Harddisks TYPE and MODE to Auto for any drive above 64GB to avoid this error.)

BiosMan
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
nrd

Pretty sure it installed correctly, but how would I know for sure? I havn't seen any error msgs. Type and mode are both set to auto in bios for the HDD's I've also noticed that I'm having a lot of problems burning CD's now too :S
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

nrd wrote:Pretty sure it installed correctly, but how would I know for sure?
Hmm, that's why I always change the BIOS message. There's a version with a changed BIOS message at the "Untested" link in my signature, if you are happy to flash again - look for (661_128x).zip.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"