Trouble with ATA 133 Disk accelerator

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Ton1512
New visitors - please read the rules.

My motherboard is a K7T Pro2-A from MSI (MS6330). Yesterday I bought a Rocket 133 ATA 133 PCI Disk accelarator. The PCI card has it's own bios. When I boot my system I see the PCI BIOS coming up and it recognises the hard disks that are connected to my system. The motherboard bios before that finds no disks connected to the standard IDE controller and that is right. I connected all my disks to the PCI ATA card.

The problem: I can't use programms like DriveImage and Fix-It utilities anymore because they can't acces my disks. In the manual of DriveImage is said that Images can only be made of disks connected to the standard motherboard IDE controllers. Probably Fix-It works the same.

Question: Is there a possible workaround method so that the programms will recognise the disks? I heard something about combining BIOS of the PCI card with the motherboard BIOS. But how do I do that?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

It's a very risky operation to combine these bios and no guarantee to be working .
With no drives connected to OnBoard contreoller why not disable them or at least secondary port if no CDROm installed .
Tried to set boot order to A: SCSI C: ?
But your Board has a VIA UDMA100 Controller OnBoard so why do you use an el cheapo UDMA133 card ?
Just for Info : New Bios 3.5 released some days ago .
Ton1512

Thanks Denniss. But you see I'm really a rooky on these things. Well I better not do the riskfull combining of BIOS then. Doesn't it make much difference in speed if I connect my Maxtor 80 GB UMDA 133 to my onboard IDE controller?
soupy
Absentee administrator

You won't see too much difference between ATA-100 and ATA-133, no.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Ton1512

Thanks...I'll go back to the old situation. It's not worth the risk!