VT6421a patch help needed please!

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
DamianXD
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello Everyone

Firstly, thanks to anyone who can help me to solve this issue!

The problem is that I have a vt6421a sata/raid card that can boot by itself the hdd connected to it. So, I need to patch the bios of on old pcchip (sis 740 810D) motherboard.

I tried with mmtool 3.19 mod but I got an error saying "Error loading ROM image (1007FFh)". Then after some search on google I found that using mmtool 2 I can bypass that error and open up the bios for my mother board, but then I encountered another problem, after any kind of procedure the program just crash and I can't patch the motherboard bios with the pci bios.

Can anybody help me with this? Here is the full list of files that I got, includes: motherboard bios, pci bios, mmtool 2 and 3.

All the files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAY0YFLP

The vendor ID of 1106h and device ID of 3249h for the pci card

Thanks!!
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Is this one of these supercheap SATA cards without Bios requiring customers to fiddle with their mainboard Bios to get it bootable ?
If yes it may be easier and is far less risky to bring back the card and get a better one having an own Bios thus is bootable without any more actions.
DamianXD

Don't worry about it, is an old motherboard... and I really want to do this.
Can you help me?
cp
BIOS Guru

i had to remove the ethernet module so no pxe/etherboot anymore. but i added the latest sis video bios capable of some widescreen resolutions ;)
the mainboard is a PCChips M810D, right?

get the patched bios here.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
DamianXD

Thanks CP!! =D That's exactly what I wanted! Really thanks!!

EDITED: I'm on some kind of a trouble here... I've tried to update my bios with aminf342.exe, AFUDOS.exe and AMIFLASH.COM.... but nothing seems to work.

With aminf342 I get an unknown device error, with afudos it says that my bios is not compatible and with amiflash it says that I need to run it in "real mode"

Can you help me with this? :D
DamianXD

It works!! it really works!! I can make raid disks and boot from them!
Thank you so much! 8O
guppiebugs

Hi,
this should work with the K7SOM as well, right?
regards,
Peter
cp
BIOS Guru

M810D and K7SOM are at least similar. i owned some of those board a while ago but actually i forgot which bios is interchangeable with which board exactly.
so just to be on the safe side you should mod a K7SOM bios instead. make sure you get the right K7SOM(+) bios for your mainboard. one thing i do remember: the K7SOM+ bios files are not interchangeable between different mainboard revisions.

if you need help modding the bios just write a pm.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Frank1

Hi,
i have the same problem with such a card and the Tyan Tiger MPX (S2466) Board. Is there a chance to mod the bios for this board too ?

regards,

Frank