Search found 8 matches

by harm
Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:07 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: BIOS ROM checksum error (story inside)
Replies: 12
Views: 11454

Okay.. progress at last. This time I tried awdflash790.exe, downloaded from here: http://www.soyo.com.tw/kb/kbdesc.php?id=37 The utility is flashing, skipping the bootblock as intended, but about 80% of the following sectors is coming out write failed (red blocks). Only just afew of the blocks place...
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:51 pm

The situation is getting more peculiar for every minute. I tried the following (as stated in the flash recovery guide): awdflash bios.bin /py /sn /Sb /cc Ofcourse, swapping out bios.bin with the real image. Now, I get the error message: "Unknown Flash Type !" Any clues..? EDIT: Nevermind.. the /f pa...
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:05 pm

That is what I thought too, so I'll save that part until there is no other way :[

Ain't there a chance the bootblock bios will stop functioning as well, with uniflash?
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:35 pm

Again, thank you for replying. That's the version I first attempted to use while flashing. This particular version resulted in the message "System was not new AWARD BIOS version. Please update ROM BIOS first". I am however unsure on what parameters i gave the awdflash.exe when flashing for the first...
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:39 pm

Thanks for the reply :) Whether or not this was a coinsidence - that was the page I used when I tried to re-flash the bios. Unfortunately it didn't turn out very well - resulting in the message: "Flash rom is write protected - please make sure lockout jumpers are set to the correct position" (not li...
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:10 pm

I have a problem with that. I cannot enter the bios - the POST won't go any further than the bootblock portion. The system is like running without any settings, or every setting to default. E.g all the casefans are running at full speed all the time, compared to how the situation was before the "mis...
by harm
Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:42 pm

BIOS ROM checksum error (story inside)

Hi, I don't quite know where to start. There are several posts like this one with the same subject, but I can't quite get an option on what to do in my current situation. Recently I put together a new computer - everything worked fine. Winxp had some trouble detecting the raid array, and from previo...