Search found 7 matches

by hillel
Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:00 pm
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: identifying a motherboard
Replies: 14
Views: 6133

identifying a motherboard

As I mentioned in my last posted message, I personally took the new Radeon Video Card to ATI. They tested it and they say it is perfectly ok. They still insist that the only reason I can not reboot my computer once I install the new card is because I need to upgrade my Bios. So, it looks like I am b...
by hillel
Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:59 pm

O.K., here is what I am going to do: ATI Canada (the manufacturer of the Radeon Video Card) is located not far from where I live. I am going to bring the Card to them to be tested (if they will agree). But in case they are correct and I do need a Bios upgrade, can anyone give me an opinion on the qu...
by hillel
Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:46 am

Why? Do you think there is another reason the new Video Card is giving me problems?

Hillel
by hillel
Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:28 pm

The reason I want to upgrade my bios is as follows: I installed a new ATI All in Wonder Radeon 7500 Video Card. It does not work properly: immediately after it starts to reboot, I get horizontal lines all over the screen and I have to manually shut down the computer (when I install back the old Vide...
by hillel
Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:52 pm

re: identifying a motherboard

rainbow, Do you know anything about a company called Unicore (also known as Esupport). Apparently they are owned by Phoenix (which bought Award 2 or 3 years ago). They claim they have an upgrade from September 2002 for the exact same Bios ID String which I have. They want US$59.95. For that money th...
by hillel
Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:21 pm

my Award bios id string is 04/28/2000-i440BX-W977TF-2A69KMPCC-00 I can not find any reference to vendor code "MP" anywhere. The User's Manual I have is titled "EUPA IBB MAINBOARD". I did a search on "EUPA" and found two websites. Unfortunately, I can not open neither one of them: www.eupacomputer.co...