Search found 5 matches

by itku
Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 pm
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: Fujitsu Lifebook: 10Gb HDD not recognized
Replies: 1
Views: 4077

Fujitsu Lifebook: 10Gb HDD not recognized

Hi I have a Fujitsu Lifebook 735Dx laptop with a Phoenix Bios 4.0, release 5.1 (Lifebook 735 Dx bios ver 1.03). I tried to upgrade my HDD to a 10.2 Gb Fujitsu MHG2102AT, but when I install it, the bios autodetects it as a 8.4Gb HDD, the system hangs and refuses to boot. I checked the Fujitsu support...
by itku
Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:54 pm
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: ATI All-in-Wonder 128: NTSC to PAL tuner by hacking BIOS?
Replies: 6
Views: 7464

zapbuzz, don't worry, I had somebody who did this job professionally, so the chip damage is out of question.
My problem is how could I patch the goddamn ATI bios in order to get at least 32Mb RAM if not even a PAL TV tuner (supposing that I replace the NTSC tuner on the board with a PAL one) :roll:
by itku
Wed May 12, 2004 4:51 pm

I came back with another problem: I upgraded the memory on the card by soldering other 16Mb, besides the existing 16Mb, but the card still recognizes only 16Mb, although the chipset (Rage128 Pro) can use 32Mb. I think the memory is somehow limited by the card's bios. I thought about flashing a BIOS ...
by itku
Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:24 pm

ATI All-in-Wonder 128: NTSC to PAL tuner by hacking BIOS?

Hello all of ya!
I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro PCI card which has a NTSC tuner. Does anybody know if it could be possible to "convert" the tuner to a PAL one, by "hacking" the BIOS (e.g. flashing the bios from a similar card with a PAL tuner or something)?