Search found 9 matches

by Jake
Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:24 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Flash Update was Interrupted, HELP ASAP
Replies: 18
Views: 9844

Okay, I'm currently resetting the CMOS again for a longer period of time. The support at intel suggested 45 minutes, but they didn't know the exact specifications of my motherboard because I'm running a Powerspec OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers) board, cause I bought it through Powerspec. So...
by Jake
Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:28 pm

Okay, I guess I will try on this computer. But, first I need to know if this is safe.

Can I just remove the only master harddrive from my working computer and temporarily replace it with the "possibly corrupt" one? Or will it mess up this motherboard too? :(
by Jake
Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:09 am

Okay, I did that again. It doesn't work. The main problem I'd say is that the BIOS doesn't detect the main hard drive. Either that or it is just giving me that stupid "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" just to piss me off. What do people normally do w...
by Jake
Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:03 am

Okay, is reflashing the same as recovering according to that intel page?

Like do you have instructions. I'm kinda stupid. :(
by Jake
Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:34 pm

yeah, I did that recovery process with the newer September 2003, P17 one that they gave on the website. It seemed to work cause I have the newest version, but it just isn't loading windows and gives me that same stupid error. Do you mean my boot device priority? Umm... Anyway, my main and only hardr...
by Jake
Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:21 pm

How do I flash back? I did that thing to recover. But, I don't think that's what you mean. Anyway, for a broader summary of "where I am at": Currently if I start my computer. Instead of loading Windows XP (Home Edition), it will load the words "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Med...
by Jake
Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:45 pm

Yes, I tried that. My bios is working, but it or my computer doesn't detect 2 out of 4 things. It detects my floppy and one other thing that I'm not sure of. But, it can't find my hardrive to boot windows up on.
by Jake
Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:00 am

Flash Update was Interrupted, HELP ASAP

Hi I'm a computer newb (with Windows XP) and I have an Intel D865PERC Motherboard. What happened was I wanted to update my BIOS and I download and clicked this .exe titled "Express BIOS Update P17" on this page from intel... http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rc/rc_bios.htm Anyway, I clicked it an...