It is Western Digital AC23200L
by jesterabk
Mon May 20, 2002 8:43 am
Forum: My CPU isn't recognized
Topic: CPU advice relative to CD-RW
Replies: 14
Views: 9699

Western Digital Website

Kachi Wachi: Follow up: I went to the WesternDigital website, and I did a number of searches and couldn't find any specification info. about my hard drive, I put in the model #, and also tried the serial number, both with no luck for some strange reason... I also did a search under UDMA 33 with no g...
by jesterabk
Sun May 19, 2002 6:03 pm

thank you

Dear Kachi Wachi: Thank you for the referral to PCGuide. It definitely has some great info. and explanations of computer terms that helps a lot. It also seems to have other pages to break down terms further if you need that, which really helps. Thanks. I will also look on hard drive mfgr. website. J...
by jesterabk
Sun May 19, 2002 2:04 am

ps. re: memory

I did HOWEVER find info. about my memory questions in the manual, so that part was very helpful. : )

Apparently, I can expand up to 384 MBs of SDRAM DIMM expandable memory (not that I know exactly what that technically is, but I wrote it down and can search online or ask at the computer store).
by jesterabk
Sun May 19, 2002 1:59 am

please help

Dear AJZ and other 'experts', I took your advice and went to the PC Chips lottery site and read over the linked websites and could find info on the UDMA 33. I went to the PC Chips M5xx Forum and did a search and it only came up with one response for UDMA 33 and the answer was in the negative and not...
by jesterabk
Sat May 18, 2002 10:48 pm

re: hard drive and MB Ram

ajz wrote: Yes, HDD = Hard Disk Drive. Its speed will depend on the mode it is working at... UDMA33, hopefully, which is the maximum your board will take.>> Please, what is UDMA33? Is that a setting on the motherboard itself? If so, how do I find it? How do I determine what speed my hard drive is wo...
by jesterabk
Sat May 18, 2002 8:29 am

CPU advice relative to CD-RW

I have a PCChips Motherboard M571 V. 3.2A and currently running Win. 98 SE with a 233 Mhz processor, 80 MB RAM. Two weeks ago, I bought a Buslink Internal 32:12:40X CD-RW and have been using it and it has been working, but occasionally slowing my system down. I just found out from the company that I...
by jesterabk
Wed May 15, 2002 12:36 am
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: need help in id'ing motherboard--beginner at it
Replies: 25
Views: 13944

.rom file question

Thank you for answering the question!

Have a great evening.
by jesterabk
Tue May 14, 2002 10:46 pm

Bios info?

Hi Edwin: I posted something that you didn't respond to and I was curious to know the answer when you get the chance. I was wondering if one of the files I downloaded to a "storage" file was also a bios upgrade or something else? You mentioned that "AMI bios upgrade files end in .rom I suppose it's ...
by jesterabk
Tue May 14, 2002 7:02 pm

update

As you suggested, I e-mailed Norton Anti Virus (Symantec) and they sent back the following response: <<You can disable the Norton AntiVirus Office Plugin and you will not see virus scans every time an Office document is opened. The following document will tell you how: Title: 'How to enable and disa...
by jesterabk
Mon May 13, 2002 10:32 pm

thank you!!!

Dear Edwin and Thomas, I forgot to ask WHERE the JP3 is located on the motherboard...took me a while to find it but I did...tiny writing!! I moved the Pins to 1-2 and rebooted and now the display adaptor only shows the S3 ViRGE DX/GX Video Card!! Problem solved!! Thank you so so much.... ONE MORE IS...
by jesterabk
Mon May 13, 2002 8:04 pm

re: jumper settings,etc.

Dear Thomas and Edwin: Edwin, thanks for the reply. If I get the error msg. again, I will note it and let you know.... Thomas: I went to your site. Thanks, first of all. It looks like a great resource for M571....Now, here's my question re: disabling onboard graphics. Is that the same as disabling t...
by jesterabk
Mon May 13, 2002 8:57 am

disabling PCI adapter

Dear Edwin: Thanks for responding. So, you are saying that there is a graphics adapter on the Motherboard? Wherever it is, I understand that I don't want to delete it, I want to disable it. How exactly do I disable the PCI Graphics adapter? Will that Yellow exclamation mark error disappear then? #2:...
by jesterabk
Mon May 13, 2002 6:04 am

response

Dear Edwin: Thank you for responding. I sent an e-mail to Symantec/NAV online tech support about the problem. We'll see what happens now... As for the mouse, I called a computer store in the area and spoke with their repair service and he suggested trying a mouse without a trackball--he recommended ...
by jesterabk
Sun May 12, 2002 9:21 pm

reply to Edwin--thank you

Dear Edwin (This is a bit long but it will address the background info on my computer and what is happening with it...) Thank you so much for your helpful response. Again, one week ago, I knew nothing about this stuff or much technical stuff re: computers. You'll pardon the joke, but I am getting a ...