Search found 5 matches

by john
Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:52 am
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: Help: trying to update AST Ascentia 910n laptop
Replies: 8
Views: 7686

Thanks for the reply, joegib. However, I still don't quite understand. I am running WinMe on the desktop I used to download the bios file for the laptop. I put the downloaded file in a folder in My Documentson the desktop. I also unpacked them within that folder. I'm not sure what you meant by telli...
by john
Thu May 30, 2002 6:29 am

Sorry, but I'm still confused. Do you mean that if I can copy the file called disk.img onto a floppy, I can then insert this floppy when requested and it will flash the bios?????? What about those other files which appeared when I did the extract (called Disk and Diskfile). Can I just forget about t...
by john
Wed May 29, 2002 4:20 am

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when I run the extract, I get six files, and one of them (disk.img) is 1.4 MB, so even it alone will be too big for a floppy. I assume disk.img is one of the files that I need. (The others created with the extract are called Disk and Diskfile, along with Extract a...
by john
Tue May 28, 2002 6:49 am

Help: trying to update AST Ascentia 910n laptop

I'm trying to install a larger (used) 1.2 G hard disk on an AST Ascentia 910n 486 laptop, but think I need to update my bios so a drive that size will be recognized. The setup screen lets me click on a program to update the bios, and asks that I insert a floppy in Drive A with the updated bios data....