Search found 5 matches

by jorams
Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:24 pm
Forum: My CPU isn't recognized
Topic: New P-III 500 on MB not recognized
Replies: 9
Views: 6553

Right! But the first file (B.6) still showed B.3 after clearing CMOS and reboot. That's when I tried BXA.B7 and succesfully fried the BIOS. Just got back from two computer repair shops and both want to sell me a new MoBo. I'm going to try and find another PC to hotflash. I'll e-mail you the files.
by jorams
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:30 pm

Yep. After I tried the file P2BXA_B6.Bin, which ran w/out changes to B3 version or at least didn't recognize the new processor, I ran a second file BXA_B7.BIN and it DID tell me that it was not for my motherboard. I flashed it anyway. Now, I'm looking for a way to restore the previous B3 version fro...
by jorams
Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:32 pm

NickS: Thanks for the help with RAM. This particular one is not PC100 backwards-compatible but even CtSpd recognized it as 256MB. Re. the BIOS: I downloaded an update from Bios-Drivers.com with the name SP-P2BXA.BIN (ZIP) and followed the instructions: Make bootable floppy, copy AWDFLASH and .BIN fi...
by jorams
Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:44 am

New P-III 500 on MB not recognized

I have a "new" P-III 500 MHz on my oldest PC (up from PII 350Mhz), MB=Superpower SP-P2BXA and it recognizes the 500MHz, but lists it as PII+MMX 500MHz. I tried flashing Award bios to P2BXA_B6 from P2BXA_B3, but it is not recognized, no change in BIOS (on startup reads P2BXA ver B3) or otherwise it d...