Search found 6 matches

by Juddium
Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:19 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Dead mobo / hotswap troubles
Replies: 11
Views: 6424

be happy to throw away my nvidia video card, but I don't use one. aiw radeon 9800 pro for me, with a fat zalman cooler on it.
so you're saying that my motherboard may in fact be completely dead?
by Juddium
Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:52 pm

Re: Dead mobo / hotswap troubles

The motherboard chipset isn't a factor, the same type of BIOS chip is. right, I figured. but all thoe mobos I've used so far haven't come close - and I'm hoping that an nForce mobo will have a similar plcc as opposed to the rest of the ones I've tried. looks like I'll probably be ordering a bios ch...
by Juddium
Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:13 am

other chips aren't really the same - some of them have the same SST printed across the top, but this is the only one that looks like it does as far as numbers go. and that doesn't surprise me that it's 4Mbit - tried to flash my bios onto one of the chips and it said it wasn't big enough for it. clos...
by Juddium
Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:03 am

You'd think so...that's what I though. but 2 other chips said the same thing, and I know for a fact one of them isn't toasted because my friend has been booting off it all night gave me hope again that I could still possibly do it with my chip. I noticed that the chips it did recognize were 5V chips...
by Juddium
Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:08 pm

Dead mobo / hotswap troubles

So here's the deal... my DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra (rev A) died a while back, and I had a friend of mine help me determine that my bios is corrupt. So I did the hotswap thing, got a couple different chips from a couple different motherboards as well as my own, and I have not been able to flash anythin...