Search found 17 matches

by Kevin
Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:59 am
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: Need Audio driver help
Replies: 4
Views: 4711

Need Audio driver help

I need to install an audio driver for my computer, and found the right installation program http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=PCVRS530G&upd_id=1455&os_id=7 However, that program checks my bios, and since I updated my BIOS, the program thinks I'm using a different computer and won'...
by Kevin
Mon May 21, 2007 11:01 pm
Topic: Need original BIOS file.
Replies: 1
Views: 4358

Need original BIOS file.

I have searched everywhere, but could not find the original BIOS file for a PCV-RS530G computer. Can anyone help me find it? I need the ORIGINAL BIOS, not the updated one.

If anyone has a PCV-RS530G computer with the original BIOS, could you please make a copy of your bios and send it to me?
by Kevin
Sat May 19, 2007 9:33 pm
Topic: Need BIOS file, or drivers
Replies: 6
Views: 7173

Thank you, but I need the original BIOS files. They only give out the updated one.
by Kevin
Sat May 19, 2007 7:12 pm

Yes, but they were no help at all
by Kevin
Fri May 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Need BIOS file, or drivers

I recently formatted my computer, and lost some drivers. I tried my system restore disk, but since I updated my BIOS, the disk thinks it's a different computer. So, I need the original Sony PCV-RS530G computer, or ASUS P4SD-VL drivers.
by Kevin
Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:51 am
Topic: can't boot into windows!
Replies: 14
Views: 10688

no, they wouldn't give it to me
by Kevin
Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:50 am

Uh oh, I don't have my old bios file, only my new one. Can anyone help me find the original BIOS for a Sony PCV-RS530G computer? I also have 2 recovery disks, which might contain the bios somewhere in there. I could upload an ISO image of them somewhere, if some one would be willing to look at them,...
by Kevin
Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 pm

So the only way is to take it to sony? I can't restore my old bios?
by Kevin
Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:13 pm

sorry, but your idea didn't work. If I put the cd in the hard drive, the error code is gone, which makes sense. However, no matter where I boot from, the computer insists to do a system recovery. It always says the model is not correct, but that's because i updated the bios. Does anyone have an upda...
by Kevin
Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:44 am

please help! my computer tries to system recovery whenever i turn on the computer! how do i boot to windows?
by Kevin
Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:16 pm

The error code is 4.
by Kevin
Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:23 am

Well, I got the update from the sony website. however, windows crashed during the update so i used the amiboot.rom thing. I got the file via email from someone here. http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic9039.html. I talked to sony and they said the recovery cd needs to match the bios. I also can't bo...
by Kevin
Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:38 pm

can't boot into windows!

I have a sony vaio pcv-rs530g computer and I recently updated the bios. After trying to use system recovery to restore my computer to its orignal state, I get a message saying file SETUPREG.HIV could not be loaded. After inserting my recovery cd, the message is gone, but the computer says the model ...
by Kevin
Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:14 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: bios file help
Views: 5403

i don't really need the update, since it is an .exe. my bios is curropted and i need the rom file to boot
by Kevin
Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:17 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: bios file help
Views: 5403

yeah, i mean the .bin bios rom. anyone know where I can get this file?