Search found 11 matches

by kleenex
Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:33 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: No Video
Replies: 5
Views: 4103

Well - I took the computer i built into a local shop and they tested the 950mhz CPU and claimed it to be DOA. That still doesnt explain why my other computer does the same thing after testing the DOA CPU in my gigabyte board, and now the gigabyte board doesnt boot with my original CPU (1.2ghz). Mayb...
by kleenex
Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:58 pm

ok check this out.. I found this post on another tech page. I did the EXACT same thing he did, tried putting the CPU from the board that doesnt send a video signal into a good board and now the good board doesnt work either!! That is why both my computers do not send a video signal. Noone could find...
by kleenex
Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:56 pm

okay i took out the ram and put in good ram that i know for a fact works.
Still no video. If anyone can help me, please speak up. I notice that several other people have had the same question. I think that if someone finds an answer, this should go in the FAQ.
thanks
by kleenex
Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:15 pm
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: Gigabyte Mobo - How fast?
Replies: 2
Views: 2660

thanks soupy -
that pdf file rocks
by kleenex
Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:36 pm
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: Gigabyte Mobo - How fast?
Replies: 2
Views: 2660

Gigabyte Mobo - How fast?

Hey - I have the Gigbyte Motherboard (GA-7ZMMH) Can I put a CPU faster then 1.4ghz on this mobo? I checked the gb website but they only say it supports AMD Duron/Athlon processors with a fsb speed of 200/266mhz. But it doesnt specify a mhz. Right now, I have a 1.2ghz Athlon and it runs fine but im l...
by kleenex
Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:12 pm

soupy - i have 2 computers. Oddly enough, they both have the same problem, no video.. One comp has the PCChips board and the main comp that i use has a Gigabyte motherboard in it. The PCChips board has an ATI Rage 128+ card and the Gigabyte has the GeForce card. I know its not the card and ive switc...
by kleenex
Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:41 pm

No Video

Hey all- This problem just happend recently. Whenever i try to boot my computer up, it sounds like all the drives work fine and everything but i get no video. I reseated my vid card, ram, etc. which did nothing. I also took every component out that wasnt required, but still nothing. I also reset the...
by kleenex
Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:35 pm
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: Help - IDE HDD Problems
Replies: 4
Views: 3101

thanks soupy, replaced cable and the error went away.
HDD works fine now. Never really thought to switch out the cable.
thanks again
by kleenex
Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:02 pm

Im 100% sure the orientation is right, I will try to switch out the IDE cable and post my results. How would i solve the checksum error? I know there have been numerous posts in the past about this issue but i cant seem to find one. Can someone give me a link to a previous post or tell me how to fix...
by kleenex
Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:07 pm

Help - IDE HDD Problems

Hey all - I have the PC Chips M805LR motherboard (Socket A, 950mhz AMD Duron). Anyways - When i boot the system, the BIOS runs through its self tests then gives me a checksum error. On top of the checksum error, the hard drive will not even turn on! I know my PS is good and the HD is good (its only ...