Search found 6 matches

by leesider
Sun May 12, 2002 7:00 pm
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: More HD frustration!
Replies: 5
Views: 5060

I've got it working as master now. It turns out I needed an extra jumper. I looked at Maxtor's website and found instructions on how to set the jumpers correctly. The instructions on the drive itself were wrong. They only showed one jumper in the diagram. The one on the website showed two so I just ...
by leesider
Sun May 12, 2002 6:48 pm
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: Links don't work
Replies: 2
Views: 3614

I'm O.K. now, thanks.
I just thought I needed flash for my BIOS but it turns out I needed an extra jumper on my drive to make it work.
It's working O.K. now
by leesider
Sun May 12, 2002 1:57 pm
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: Links don't work
Replies: 2
Views: 3614

Links don't work

I went to the BIOS utilities page to look for a BIOS flasher and not one of the links listed there works.
Just wondering why this is?
by leesider
Sun May 12, 2002 1:34 am
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: More HD frustration!
Replies: 5
Views: 5060

More HD frustration!

Hi Everyone, It's about the 32 GB limit again I'm afraid.... I have a three year old HD on my PC which I wanted to replace so I purchased a 40 GB Maxtor HD. When I installed it first it was only detecting 32 GB on my PC and refused to allow me set it as master. I had to use it as slave to the existi...
by leesider
Wed May 01, 2002 8:45 pm
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: BIOS upgrade?
Replies: 1
Views: 2961

BIOS upgrade?

Hiya, Listen, I'm new to all this BIOS settings stuff so forgive me for my ignorance. My problem is that I recently purchased a brand new Maxtor hard drive which is 40 GB in size. I was able to install it as slave to the existing hard drive (a Wetern Digital 10 GB) but now I want to swop them around...