tried it already
by lemming
Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:28 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Problem installing win98
Replies: 6
Views: 3318

Problem installing win98

Ok I have win98se, my neighbours computer (P166 mmx) and I've been trying to install win 98se all fu**ing day and here's the problem I can install it and during installation Regsvr32 and Rundll32 screw up during installation but nonetheless it installs. When I do get it installed however it'll come ...
by lemming
Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:41 pm
Topic: My computer's dead any ideas?
Replies: 4
Views: 3111

Yeah she actually got the computer back and brought it to some place to see if they have any luck figuring out what's goin on as I checked it over 3 or 4 times with no luck so I'm actually glad to be rid of it but thanks for the posts
by lemming
Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:39 pm

I thought that myself but I used a Multimeter and everythings getting the right voltage, all the LEDs are working fine, the fans are good and so are the drives so that kinda rules out the PSU. So as of now I think it's dead as well.
by lemming
Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:09 am

My computer's dead any ideas?

Hey I have a 233 (not sure which one either intel mmx, amd or cyrix) I have gone through it over and over cleared the cmos, checked to see if ide cable was in right, ram in right slot all jumpers are good throughout the board it looks fine. However I can't get it to start before it stopped working s...
by lemming
Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:10 pm
Topic: Fixed friends HDD now computer wont start no beeps
Replies: 1
Views: 2411

Fixed friends HDD now computer wont start no beeps

hey, I fixed my friends HDD and installed it back into her computer and now the computer wont turn on... well power goes to the CD-Rom, CPU fan, HDD (I think), Floppy (pretty sure). But here's the problem i'm having oh btw it's a P233 using AMIBIOS it ont boot into anything just a black screen (I th...