Search found 10 matches

by MattyJoe
Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:19 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Wrong BIOS update?
Replies: 13
Views: 7251

Also, I heard back from ECS regarding my VGA issue. They told me it was not a BIOS issue, but that I should get the most up to date VGA and chipset drivers(which I have). They also told me to check the power supply unit to verify it was strong enough to initialize the video, memory and all other thi...
by MattyJoe
Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:09 am

ya know, I don't remember if I used the sitches or not (I'm a freek). I think I used the /py/sn/cd/cp switches. If not, I'm sure I could flash again now that I have the process down. As for the keyboard, both it and the mouse are USB, but I do have a PS2/USB converter. I'm also sure I could dig up a...
by MattyJoe
Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:30 pm

Ah, yes... I got the .bin situation squared aware (I extracted using winzip and wrote it onto the MSDOS startup disk) and I flashed the BIOS. I flashed because WinXP has been hanging on startup with my new Video card, an ATI Radeon 7000.( I could start in safe moe though). The only issue now is when...
by MattyJoe
Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:49 pm

Ah, I thought I might need to fo that. I'm such a dork about this stuff. New question: How do I run the file? Do I run it at the A:> ( while outside the flash utlity? If not, how would I run in the flash utility? I haven't found any info on this part anywhere. Do I need to run the flash program also...
by MattyJoe
Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:07 am

alright, I've tried to run the flash program (Award 8.22a) several time. I've run it normally without switches, I've run it with the /py/sn switches, and I've run it with /py/sn/cd/cp switches. Sometimes I still get "The program file's part number does not match with your system!" and sometimes I ge...
by MattyJoe
Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:24 pm

Rainbow, When I follow this step 3 shown below, do I type in "awdflash /py /sn bios.bin" as the BIOS flash utility then my BIOS file? Or do I just add the /py /sn onto the end of the BIOS flash utility file name? The utilty I'm using is Flash Utility V8.22A, awd822a.exe off the ECS website. So, whou...
by MattyJoe
Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:52 pm

Wrong BIOS update?

Hey guys, I attempted to flash the bios on this pc and ran into this problem: The program file's part number does not match with your system So, I, figured I had the wrong flash file and stopped. The pc still runs right now, I didn't screw it up! Anyways I checked the FAQ section and apparently I ha...
by MattyJoe
Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:32 pm
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: ATI Radeon 7000 and a BIOS flash?
Replies: 2
Views: 5911

Denniss, I currently have the AGP slot set to 2X for troubleshooting purposes. Is this what you mean? Also, yes, I do have the latest via 4in1 chipset drivers installed on the computer. Should I consider upgrading to another power supply? Right now it's 300W. I figured that would be plenty. If the b...
by MattyJoe
Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:34 am
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: ATI Radeon 7000 and a BIOS flash?
Replies: 2
Views: 5911

ATI Radeon 7000 and a BIOS flash?

Hey everybody, I'm having a problem and I need someone with more expirience than I to tell me if I'm on the right track, or if I'm completely wrong. I purchased a new video card for my girlfriend's pc, it's an ATI Radeon 7000 32MB 4X AGP. The pc is running WinXP Pro and it hangs on normal start up. ...