Search found 10 matches

by Maxix
Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:59 am
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: Mobile rack issue
Replies: 13
Views: 5809

Ok, let's clarify again, because I'm getting confused. You have a Windows HDD. What is it, and what size? Does it work in the rack? Does it work on it's own? Yes, Quantum Fireball 30GB.It works in the rack and it works on its own, as master hdd. You have a Linux HDD. What is it, and what size? Does...
by Maxix
Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:39 pm

Ok, so you're using the rack to swap hard drives, right? Are both drives exactly the same? Is your HDD configuration set to AUTO/LBA? One more detail: HDD are not read by bios even if they are not plugged in via rack (apart from the one win is on). First I thought master/slave jumpers were to blame...
by Maxix
Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:25 am

Ok, so you're using the rack to swap hard drives, right? Are both drives exactly the same? Is your HDD configuration set to AUTO/LBA? Yes, I am using rack to swap HDDs. No, they are not exactly the same, one is Western Digital , the other is Quantum Fireball. Yes, in bios, configuration is set to A...
by Maxix
Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:05 pm

Does the HDD work without the rack? Yep. It works now, but it still escapes me why the hack Red Hat HDD is not recognized. I run Win 98SE on one HDD and Linux on the other one. Win boots up, Linux doesn't. In bios linux HDD is not recognized, it takes 5-10s if I set it to probe it manually... Shoul...
by Maxix
Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:22 pm

Why not start by giving us a product link for the HDD rack? Yes, sorry. Producer: www.digitus.de but I think you wont find much there. Out of the manual: Model: ATA66/100(K)1F Suports: 3.5"/2.5" HDD, LS-120, MO, Zip etc... Connetcions: 4 pin for power and I/O cable (IDE cable or ULTRA WIDE SCSI cab...
by Maxix
Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:56 pm

Re: Mobile rack issue

Here we go:

I have digitus 5,25" HDD rack.
Award DIOS v6.0
on
ASUS A7V-E ACPI BIOS Revision 1002b
by Maxix
Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:16 pm

Mobile rack issue

Hey guys,

I have digitus 5,25" HDD rack.
AWARD bios (more details in next post).

Bios just dont seem to like this new hardware. I pluged rack into HD connetion, the one main hd was on.

I am in dead end here, what do you suggest?
Bios update?

tnx

m.
by Maxix
Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:20 pm
Forum: RAM compatibility with BIOS
Topic: SDRAM/bios problem
Replies: 4
Views: 6038

ajzchips wrote:Windows ME (just as Win98) has a 512MB limit. You'll need to edit the [vcache] section of the system.ini file to solve it.
Tnx, it works.
But....does this mean that RAM is NOT fully used. Is the better choice to go on NT or XP?

Tnx.

m.
by Maxix
Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:17 pm
Forum: RAM compatibility with BIOS
Topic: SDRAM/bios problem
Replies: 4
Views: 6038

SDRAM/bios problem

Hey all. I am trying to install additional 512 MB of ram on my asus A7V-e (KT133) motherboard, but it simply doesn't work. SDRAM, pci 133, both modules are the same... Windows ME don't boot up, it says something about rundll error. Is it possible the cause of this is in bios. It is award bios. What ...