Search found 5 matches

by Miki
Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:09 pm
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: Weird bios problem
Replies: 9
Views: 5252

Hi Aj and Rainbow The answer to your question is yes I did have the jumpers set ok and have been trying it with just the one hdd and the fdd. Never had any problems detecting or booting the fdd just everything on the IDE cables. I'm going to try the hdd from this computer to see if it makes a differ...
by Miki
Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:16 am

Hi Aj I cleared the CMOS and waited a couple of hours before putting the jumpers back, I got a CMOS checksum error that said "Defaults loaded Warning! CPU has changed Please enter CPU speed CMOS setup ....." I went to set it and it only goes up to x8 when before it was x9 in the original setting. I ...
by Miki
Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:47 am

I have replaced the IDE cables and still no luck. After more research I found that the flash I downloaded from Micro Star was for the PnP, upgrading it from V1.8 to V2.0. Is this still the same as flashing the Award Modular Bios V6.00 PG? I did manage to find a .bin file from driverguide that says i...
by Miki
Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:19 am

Weird bios problem

I have an MS6178 motherboard with an Award bios. It was working ok, but then it wouldn't boot even though the hdd was detected in the bios. Tried booting from a floppy and it would abort installation as it said "no fixed disks present." I thought the hdd must be had it so I put in an old one that wo...