Search found 11 matches

by mikmak
Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: acer 7520g mxm balancing error message at cold boot
Replies: 1
Views: 3342

acer 7520g mxm balancing error message at cold boot

Hi! I hope someone could be so gentle by helping me is solving my notebook issue... I have an acer 7520g which only support 8x00 gs/gt and hd3650 graphics mxm modules. I recently managed to succesfully upgrade it with a 9600m gt graphics but with a minor issue: at cold boot I am prompted with a mxm ...
by mikmak
Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:30 pm
Topic: need a k8 microcode update for an Amilo A1630
Replies: 13
Views: 7270

cp, the idea is nice...I mean to be free of hidden parametrization, to add some cpu customized and updated microcode...to have a gnu system from basis but the goal you are trying to achieve is very hard. I do not know how you are organized but it should be more productive in having different groups ...
by mikmak
Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

cp you need to understand there are people who really need such a software, people who do not take part in the development process...you are sure the coreboot project is aimed to help foreign people with mere knowledge of bios architecture? Have you seen the documentation provided? surelly you did. ...
by mikmak
Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 pm

I finally managed to let the new cpu work with windows xp. The compatibility issue has gone by using the latest bios from uniwill. Surelly FSC did not pay for the latest bios image...the last uniwill 1.05 bios seems to do the work very well. Now apart the fact the crappy windows xp did not recognize...
by mikmak
Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 am

I tried to compile the code which should handle the microcode patching via a linux kernel module. I did some good steps in achieving a good compilation but at the end I obteined a lot of undefined simbols probably due to the fact I am missing some defines... The linux bios (or coreboot) way is to ha...
by mikmak
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi again cp...I tried the first shot but with no good results. The issue with linux driver is that the code is pretty outdated...some includes are not present anymore...surelly they have changed their name or merged into new include files...I did not investigate which includes should be good candida...
by mikmak
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm

thanks cp! the code you linked here should be the result of some reverse engineering opteron adaptation...I will try it...now my wife is playing with the pc so I have not so much chances :)
I will let you know...
by mikmak
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 pm

cp, I do not want to bother you with my assumptions...so let say it is a os issue... I have tried three different versions of win xp...one of them is a genuine professional copy with sp2 and the other two are a home one and a professional xp sp1. I do not have any fujitsu siemens backup/restore cd.....
by mikmak
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 am

hi cp, I focused my attention on the cpu microcode cause there should be no reason to let windows lookups at boot time...I also tried to re install the win xp os and after loading some modules my notebook reset itself. The strange thing is that my notebook resets itself alaways at the same point...n...
by mikmak
Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:47 am

need a k8 microcode update for an Amilo A1630

Hi, I recently bought an Athlon 64 4000 mobile cpu for my Amilo A1630 notebook. It seems there is no way to let it work with M$ Windows os...Linux works great maybe due to its ability to load the k8 driver microcode into the cpu at boot time. Obviously there is no recent bios update to solve such is...