Search found 9 matches

by montreal
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:42 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Can a AWARD bios be flashed if computer has no floppy?
Replies: 4
Views: 4542

Flashing from a HDD is quite normal, and frequently done... Even simple MSDOS will do fine. Thanks for your suggestion. How do I go about building a bootable MSDOS on a blank HDD so that I don't get a prompt from the BIOS after booting asking me to specify where COMMAND.COM is to be found? Unfortun...
by montreal
Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:57 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Can a AWARD bios be flashed if computer has no floppy?
Replies: 4
Views: 4542

Can a AWARD bios be flashed if computer has no floppy?

Hello, I just purchased 3 industrial computer boards that were modified slightly from the regular production line for an original commercial customer. On board is an AWARD 4.51PG bios customized to have a setup password built into the firmware and not the CMOS. For his unique application, he had the...
by montreal
Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:34 pm
Forum: Power Management problems
Topic: monitor won't wakeup
Replies: 10
Views: 13715

I meant to type one of the "public" KONTRON disks... OK...good luck to you. I hope the original contractor eventually responds to your hail. :) Thanks for your good wishes. I'll post back if I have any luck. Update: OCTOBER 24, 2005. I hit a second snag with this computer board. Because it is a 386...
by montreal
Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:00 pm

First, I'm no APM expert. :oops: Yes, both will run at the same time. I should have said that either the BIOS runs the show, or the APM runs the show, for things to work successfully. When they are in competition, things can foul up. Just for the heck of it, did you try one of the KONTRON Setup Dis...
by montreal
Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:31 pm

It is possible that the Power Management routine is not in the BIOS at all, but in the 80386 cpu itself and that this routine no longer behaves in the same way when the Windows 95 OS takes charge. Nope...it's either the BIOS running the show, APM in Windows (if selected), or a combination of both.....
by montreal
Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:06 am

Did you go to the KONTRON/TEKNOR site to see if they had the BIOS Configuration Disk for your model available for download? It sounds like you manually turned everything off OK...assuming there isn't some other "key" that you missed. Thank you for your response. First, I have been in contact with t...
by montreal
Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:00 pm

What machine/motherboard is this? Can you post any BIOS ID information? The board is a SBC (Single Board Computer) that plugs into an empty ISA backplane which is fed from the power supply. The manufacturer is TEKNOR (Now KONTRON), and the model is AT3L. This is an INTEL 80836DX cpu. To get around ...
by montreal
Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:02 pm

monitor won't wakeup

Hello, this is my first post. I recently was given a single board computer that connects to an active ISA bus, and I have spent the last 3 weeks bringing it back to life. While this robust industrial computer has a slow 386DX cpu, it has many other features on it that make me prefer it to a PCI bus ...