Search found 7 matches

by moon
Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:05 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Hotflash of MSI bios in ABIT MB unsuccessful so far..help!
Replies: 11
Views: 6162

OK, I found the AMInf363 program...now my question is what chipset to select in it. Should I select what is in the IT7 (actual MB flashing in) or the chipset of the MSI MB were the chip goes back into?
by moon
Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:38 am

Rainbow, I left the original bios chip from the ABIT IT7 MAX alone since that board is working FINE. I don't want to make my life even more difficult. This chip is a : SST 49LF004A The MB I try to fix is MSI 645 Ultra (6547) with chip W49F002UP12B (Winbond) . An alternative chip from an ABIT BH6 is ...
by moon
Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:20 pm

Denniss, you're a bit over my head...could to post again in a way that I understand? There is an AMI info-program?
by moon
Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:17 pm

Thank You, Rainbow. I'm getting dizzy from crawling on the floor to change the bios chips. The first time I pulled my chip (with string) it flew so far it took me an hour to find it again. I still like the newer PLCC sockets better than the old ones. I tried the last amiflash utility but it didn't w...
by moon
Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:30 am

as above

here is an update: The first bios chip from the MSI 645 ultra board (Winbond W49F002UP12B)was not taking anything, forced or not. I found another chip in another ABIT board (BH6 I believe), a MX28F2000T series bios chip. After all the tries it wouldn't confirm writing the bios file. Here is the log ...
by moon
Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:26 am

Hotflash of MSI bios in ABIT MB unsuccessful so far..help!

I tried to hotflash a MSI 645 Ultra bios chip in an ABIT IT7 Max 1.0 motherboard. I believe I read enough to do it right but Uniflash did not like to identify the MSI chip. Further I found it curious that all file sizes on the floppy were only showing half of what they should e.g. the biosfile of my...