GA BX 2000+ wont boot past DMI

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
WILT
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi guys ,

I have been avidly reading the threads regarding Bios repairs but none seem to quite answer my query.heres the situation:-

I purchased some M/boards in a job lot one of which was a gigabyte gbax200+ .I have a slocket converter that I know works and a spare 800 eb
coppermine and thought I,d knock up a simple printer server. Well I assembled a barebones i.e.
1 stick of memory
1 pci vga card
1 working slot 1 pentium 11
1 1.44mb floppy (good)
1 keyboard

and tried to boot.

It gets as far as dmi verify O.K. and stops .

I can operate the Bios selection screen and Ive had it recognise a hard drive but removed it again for simplicity.

The dual bios facility seems to be working as I can tell it to copy Bios A to B etc but all to no avail .

There is a slight difference in the 2 Bioses as one searches for the optional at66 drives but the end result is still a freeze @ DMI...... ok

If I select floppy drive seek @ boot in the Advanced page it does its little dance so I think the driver chip is ok.

Am I right in thinking that award bioses require the dos prompt unlike Ami Bioses which can address the floppy at an earlier stage? I ask this because the web site uses an exe file to update this bios and of course with no floppy (no dos prompt ) its useless.

Any chance?

WILT
cp
BIOS Guru

did you remove all former installed and detected harddisks from the bios table again? if there's nothing connected just set them to AUTO (if you want to drop some in later and don't fiddle with the bios anymore) or NONE.
is the floppy drive controller enabled? is the floppy drive set as 1.44MB floppy in the bios? and is the floppy drive set as 1st boot drive?
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
WILT
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yes to all ,

I have reset the jumper many times, removed the battery(just in case)
set all the IDE drive settings to none , set the bios to detect floppy on boot etc. The M/b is set up as an absolute bare bones to avoid complication.

Its very strange that ,up to the dmi verify line, everything is normal the
bios will recognise a working hard drive (if I attach one and "auto " the bios)
and the f1 got to Bios maintenance all works but it still freezes @ the DMI verification ,even when on occasions it says passed!

Thanks for bothering !
WILT