GA 7n400l "unknown flash memory"

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
zaif
New visitors - please read the rules.

First soory for my bad english but i'm poor french man

I try to find a corect bios for recovering. I take bios on the gigabyte site but the boot block can't read them. The message "unknown flash memory" appears only when the computer boot on my hardrive. Diskette d'ont work but cd start. When i put another hard drive, the message "unknown flash memory" don't arrived. If someone have a mirror image of the bios F5 GA-7N400L, perhaps i can start my computer.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN, THANKS
sulbert
Master Flasher

Does the flash utility recognize your flash chip? Does the board have a socketed flash chip?
zaif

I d'ont know if the flash utility recognized my flash chip. Because no boot on diskette. the boot block appears to try to find a good flash memory on my hardrive. "SCANNING HARD DRIVE............UNKNOWN FLASH MEMORY.......CAN NOT FIND BIOS IMAGE ON HARDRIVE OR DISKETTE!"
I try to put lot of flash utility for award bios and bios image, start the sequence with autoexec.bat on my hardrive or on cd-rom(the boot block search to the cd too). I take all the bios image to the gigabyte site for my mother board..... but nothing. So i think the boot block try to find the real image of my bios. And i think the bios files on gigabyte are just for upgrade (no bin extension files but 7n400l.f5, 7n400l.f6 etc....) I try to rename the file with bin extension but nothing.
Great, i d'ont have socket flash chip :wink:
my bios chip is a PMC FLASH with phoenix bios d686. I love gigabyte who sells me a card with an image of dual bios on the box. but only for 7n400l pro on the notice :D ....

thanks for try to help me.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Is there a "BIOS protect" jumper on this board ?
zaif

I d'ont have jumper for bios.
sulbert
Master Flasher

How did you kill that board? Using Gigayte's @BIOS windows BIOS update utility?
I fixed a GA-7VA once by de-soldering the flash chip (quite a lot of work...) which was killed using @BIOS (this damn thing downloaded and flashed a wrong BIOS image (from GA-7VAX; super I/O wasn't initialized correctly)).