a7n8x

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
nathonix
New visitors - please read the rules.

i had an asus a7n8x mobo, and all was fine, till one day the rtc started going at about double speed, so i reset my cmos, booted it up, and got a your bios is corrupt message...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

so then i try using a floppy drive like it suggests, but it cant recognize one, ahhhhhh.

so then i call asus, ship in my bios chip to be flashed, get it back two weeks later.

on the invoice sheet not only did they spell bios "bois" but they didnt put down the revision number that i requested... they didnt even put a revision!

but i thought all was not lost, and i placed it in my system, booted it up annnnnd.... NOTHING.

at the cost that it would take to ship it back in, i could have forgone tech support alltogether and bought a new mobo, so i was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this.

no video, no nothing.
nathonix

just a quick update on the situation

im trying to do a bootblock flash, however the computer now only stays on for about 5 seconds and shuts off again, not even revving up the floppy drive.

any ideas?
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Do you think it could be rebooting through the HDD?
nathonix

there isnt one connected, just motherboad, processor, ram, floppy, and a graphics card.

tried two processors, three graphics cards, and two different sticks of ram, so im pretty sure its in the mobo itself, could be wrong though.