ABIT AN7 is DEAD!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Danne2k
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, this is my first time here, and my english is not to good, (im Swedish :p) so plz be nice, ok? :)

My brand new ABIT AN7 (uGuru) just died yesterday, and im 99% sure its a corrupt (spelling) BIOS.
No bootscreen, and non "beep" from the computer.

I´ve heard that its possible to create a "recovery diskette" that will "re flash" (?) the bios and make it work again.

now..where do i find such software that will copy files to my A: (diskette) and that will make my other computer start?

u have some file on this website (uf 1.37.zip or somthing) that does this kind of job, Am i right? if so, is it for all motherboards or just some?

as i said, i have ABIT AN7 (nForce 2 chipset).

Thanks for the help

/Daniel
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Did you do anything (attempt a BIOS flash, etc...) prior to this happening?
Danne2k

no, no bios flashing..

i was just doing some overclocking, but nothing that the motherboard didnt support. 200fsb, i was configuring my xp-m to 200fsbx10 insted of 166x12, but ABIT AN7 supports 200fsb (ddr400) so that should be the problem.

The motherboard is completly dead! but if I put in a diskette, it sounds like the diskette station is working.

i don´t know if bios is corrupt or if the booting process dosen´t come so long that it can load a "bios recovery program" and fix it.

what do u think?

(sorry for man bad englisn :))
ruelnov
Master Flasher

Nothing to do with BIOS as there was no flashing involved.

Overclocking usually results in premature failure of capacitors at the VRM module, thus cutting off Vcore and rendering the processor lifeless.

I have repaired many boards having this kind of problem.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Did you try the "Clear CMOS" jumper to reset your board back to the default settings?
Danne2k

Ye i tryed that, its no idé anymore, the motherboard is really dead!

How it happened i dont care anymore.

Im returning it tomorrow, and will get a new card.