Abit BD7 Raid - FWH is write protected

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Chuck99
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

tried to mod an Abit`s BD7 Raid Bios with the latest Highpoint Bios. Merge and flash went fine, but after reboot I got an Checksum Error and just could boot via system disk since the bootblock seemed intact. But awdflash tells me FWH (FirmWareHub) is write protected, uniflash gives verification error, even attempts with amiflash and amiboot.rom or Gigabytes universalflasher stop with similar error codes (couldn`t erase flash, etc.). Any idea? There is no jumper onboard to remove write protection, worked 10 times before but never heard about FWH. Any idea if I can get back my Raid LvL 0 Data if i exchange the BD 7 with another one since both have the Highpoint 372? BTW, I have no 2nd PC for a hot flash, grml....

Thanks for any ideas
Chuck
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Looks like another crap from Abit. Some of their boards have unknown uncodumented method of protecting the Flash ROM. Only awdflash works because it calls some BIOS functions which unrpotect the Flash ROM. AMIFlash and UniFlash do not use BIOS so they don't work.
Now with the BIOS gone, awdflash can't unprotect the chip because the code that did the unprotection before is gone too.
A story like this one but with BX133-RAID was here some time ago.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Chuck99
New visitors - please read the rules.

However, thx for your input. BTW, uniflash rocks, Abit ok, rocks not so much. Ordered a new bios from Abit and to be sure, a new Abit BD7 Raid II. Hope I`ll have a working PC again by the end of this week.