My ABIT KX7-333R is dead!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Smuggl0r
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
I was installing this board yesterday, and i did it all, turned it on, and it powered straight off. I checked everything, CPU, Ram, etc. And i realised i had left one of the screw fittings underneath the board, one that didnt line up with a hole, you guessed it, a short. i reckon it shorted, as i've looked at the bios, and it seemed corrupted, unibond wouldnt detect it (Winbond 49F002U). So, i flashed it, by loading uniflash with my other bios in there, then replaced it, i know you shouldnt do that, but i was willing to take the risk on the motherboard. So,anyway, it warned me about boot block errors, flashed, and had verification errors. I put it in board, no use. So, i made a uniflash disk and attempted to repair the boot block. It finished, i loaded uniflash, and it wrote to the chip, no problem. So, i excitedly (:P) fitted it in the Abit board, and guess what?? Didn't work :(
I was wondering if any o you guys have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.
As i said, you press power switch, fan starts,and power cuts immediately :(

Cheers,
Smuggl0r :D
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Is the CPU fan connected to the correct connector? Some boards turn immediately off if the fan is not running (to prevent damage to the CPU). Also try changing memory.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Smuggl0r

I've changed the memory and everything. And i've checked the fan connector, i've checked these things loads of times now :(

Cheers,
Smuggl0r
Smuggl0r

Hmmm, i kinda have an idea. Does the Bios chip need the correct id or the board to boot up? I so, how can i ind this rom the bios file that is programmed on the chip, i mean like in a hex editor or something.

Thanks,
Smuggl0r