Acer 2700 bios failure.

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
MPCFT
New visitors - please read the rules.

I could kill someone at acer. My screen had some problems so I decided to go for an update, from 1.09.

The 1.12 bios Update went SO wrong. Pc doesn’t boot, no screen, one long beep, and two short ones. Defective bios, so the acer webpage says.

So, I need help getting this thing back to work. Tried the crisis disk creator, but I’m missing something.

The bios comes whit 3 files, ELW80WPH.UMA , ELW80WPH.M1P and ELW80WPH.M1C, but no bios.wph or any other kind of .wph file.

Tried changing the name or this files to bios.wph, but no results.

This bios is used in acer 2200 and 2700.

Help. :(
Vpoint7

I have some moral for you, do not updates if not necessary problem...

And, don't do changes the filetype, it wouldn't works...

And from where you get the BIOS updates?

Next time, do ask before continue BIOS updates...

There always note on the BIOS updates said 'Updates on your own risk', so you took the risk before asking, then your mobo dead, it's too late to save, but the only one can save your laptop, bring to the manufactor and pay for the BIOS faulty... thats help alot saving your laptop...
MPCFT

Vpoint7 wrote:I have some moral for you, do not updates if not necessary problem...

And, don't do changes the filetype, it wouldn't works...

And from where you get the BIOS updates?

Next time, do ask before continue BIOS updates...

There always note on the BIOS updates said 'Updates on your own risk', so you took the risk before asking, then your mobo dead, it's too late to save, but the only one can save your laptop, bring to the manufactor and pay for the BIOS faulty... thats help alot saving your laptop...
Nice moral advices.. :wink:

BUT, I’ve done several bios updates for notebooks and for desktops in many years, it’s a normal procedure. About notebooks, i’ve done Compaq’s, Dell’s, Packard Bell’s, Hp’s, and acer’s.

I got the Update from the official acer support webpage, and it´s their fault. Incorrect bios file in the pack, download it and see for yourself. My bios is a UMA, there’s a .MIC in there. But because I did it automatically with the windows program this happened.

Bios Updates are necessary, they correct bugs, problems or simply improve functions.

I’m not going to ask acer for a new Laptop, simply some technical support.