AGP

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
emin
New visitors - please read the rules.

i have AGP video card. It is going to work in boot block mode? Do i need ISA video card?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Maybe, maybe not. Can't tell. Try it out and find out.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
jiteo
BIOS Rookie

I have two PCI cards, one works, on doesn't. Nick is right, it's really trial and error.
emin

can you give me exact answer. becouse i am planing to buy BIOS savior RD1-2m. So i need to know that is it gonna work or not? Thanks in advance
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

The answer has been given to you: MAYBE.
emin

Yes i know that. But i want excact answer. Or where can i learn that? Is there something to do to learn?
jiteo
BIOS Rookie

How about giving us more details about your case? Are you planning to update your BIOS and need to make sure that you can recover it if it fails and goes to bootblock BIOS? If so, then you don't need a video card to flash when in the bootblock BIOS. The BIOS will complain, but it will still boot a floppy.[/url]
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

emin wrote:Yes i know that. But i want excact answer. Or where can i learn that? Is there something to do to learn?
Possibly. It depends on what motherboard you have and what version of the BIOS. We are not psychic. I have as much chance of giving you an exact answer as if you asked "will my cat live ?".

Whether you can test it or not depends on whether you have any way of forcing a BIOS checksum error. If you have a standard DIL or PLCC flash EPROM you can do this by shorting a couple of high-order address bits during boot. Get this wrong and you can destroy your motherboard. If it is a recent motherboard you probably can't do it anyway (unless it is a Soltek SL-KT600 Image)
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
emin

thanks for your help. But i also want to know something. In AUTOEXEC.bat which commant do i need to write to flash without having Display?
jiteo
BIOS Rookie

Depends on what flash utility you use. It's somthing like <flash utility executable> <parameters to flash without user input> <filename>.
emin

Yes i know it. It is award bios. But i want to know that do i need to write @ECHO OFF or something else like this at the begining?
soupy
Absentee administrator

emin wrote:Yes i know it. It is award bios. But i want to know that do i need to write @ECHO OFF or something else like this at the begining?
Since you'll have no display, using @echo off won't actually turn anything off, now, will it.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.