another bootblock problem but!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
davidovv
New visitors - please read the rules.

This is how things are: I have Gigabyte GA-7VAX motherboard (has dual bios) and something went wrong. The computer starts with

Award BootBlock v.10
bios checksum error ...

and asks for floppy. (OK this is WELL KNOWN situation) but (eh, there is allways a BUT)... there is not a reset BIOS switch on motherboard (I have removed battery and all cards from slots for 5 days and nothing), I have tryied flashing with flash864 (860, 827... all downloaded from gigabyte's site) and bios versions f4, f9, f10 (all combinations) and i allways get

The Flash part is not supported
Make sure the flash is not write protected

I have updated bios once (from f4 to f9) and no un-write-protection was needed.

I have noticed that nothing is recognized neither by this program nor by uniflash except PCI chipset - VIA APOLLO KT400 (A) then i tried awd812 (awdflash) and miracle (almost) it starts to flash the chip (i think) but (allways this but)

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wwwwwwbbwww

there are two rows in the display
r=read = write failed
w=white= write ok
b=blue = no change (I think)

I tried switches /cc /cd... i think every useful comination and nothing... the computer still starts with BOOTBLOCK
IS MY MOTHERBOERD DEAD (dead type there is nothing else to do) OR ???
Please help.
davidovv

when I said that i flashed bios once i ment long time before this problem came
davidovv

Another STRANGE thing is my keyboard - sometimes it goes crazy the CAPS doesnt work when i press it i get space or @ and sometimes CAPS turns on itself and to turn it of i have to press right SHIFT. Insert gives 0, and some other strange things

also in the flashing program flash860 (864, 827) pressing arrows does nothing, i cant move trough opptions with arrows, the only way is with switches in command line but no use

in uniflash i can move trough options with arrows but FLASH BIOS IMAGE TO ROM option is disabled (it is gray and useful ones are white)

I hope this can help you to help me
thanks
davidovv

There are more strange things
The mainboard turns automaticly on when the power is on but it works to hold the button for 5 sec to turn it off and it stays of (this is why i beleve the mainboard in not quite dead)
Also when i clear cmos with uniflash the screen remains blank whole time, and when i remove the batery for and power off comp for some time after that I have checksumm error .... bootblock.... again

I havent found similar problem on the net so.. if someone has a clue... please...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Make sure the flash is not write protected
Check if there is a jumper or something.

Try with the F9 bios as that is the last one you successfully flashed, most likely it still has the F9 bootblock.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
davidovv

There is only one jumper near bios chip and it is called CI and it {enables/disables "case open" item in bios if system case begin remove} and I don't understand what does it mean (in bios it is an option under "PC Health Status" option) that is how it is written in my USERS MANUAL